Monday, April 21, 2008

Book review presentation


We finished our book presentation last Friday. It was amazing! The above picture is the cover of our book : The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency which was written by Alexander McCall Smith.
Before presenting, I had felt a little bit worried . I held Reem's hand to be more brave. I was afraid that I would speak too fast because I was nervous. However, when I presented my information, I felt completely better. I practiced my part many times. I tried hard to finish my last sound of each word and to correct my grammar while speaking. In addition, I thought my voice was loud enough to attract my audiences. I really felt confidence at that time. Morever, I felt proud of my partners. They also prepared very well for our presentation. Specifically, I thought Reem did a very good job in summarizing our evaluation. I like that part the most. However, I thought that I sometimes spoke a little bit fast in my presentation. In addition, there were some words that I pronounced incorrectly. Anyway, I still felt happy because I tried hard to finish my book project.
My book was really worth that work. I really enjoyed while reading my book. At the beginning, I always kept asking myself :" How can I finish it? When can I finish it? 1 week is too short! Blah, blah.." However, I finished it faster than I had thought. The book kept me reading.The language was easy to understand. That book was nice and funny. I like the main character, a detective lady, because of her thoughts, her point of views , and her actions. I really like this book. This is the third novel that I have read in another language. The first one is The Secret written by Rhonda Byrne, and the second one is P.S. I love You written by Cecelia Ahern. However, The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency is the first book that I finished completely. The two other books are still in process =).

3 comments:

Loc said...

haha, really, all of these pics u took by urself? well, nice, y dont u do something like it for me, take mine, and dont let me know, hahaha, just k/d :)

Loc said...

ah, yeah, im agood leader, finnally some1 else said that. hahaha. proud of myself again :P

Nicole said...

You did really good job. I think our pronunciation and speed were well controlled. Nice work, Katherine:D