Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Talking about Learning Languages

This is my first post, so I would like to say hello to everyone before I start talking about my learning language experiences . Hi, everybody!=) Let's have a big grin.

I would like to tell you about 3 language learning strategies which have helped me a lot. The first strategy is daring to make mistakes which provides you with the chances of improving your language learning . The reason is that we can remember our mistakes longer and understand our weak points better from our own mistakes than others'. As a result, we know what to do to ameliorate our ways of learning. Actually, everyone makes mistakes while learning new things; however, there are some people who are scared of experiencing failures. For example, there are some people who don't want to speak new languages because they are afraid that they will speak inaccurately and influently. Consequently, they can't know if they pronounce correctly and they also refuse chances to practice their speaking. In fact, there is a quote which says that:" The only failure in life is the failure to try". Therefore, we should try when we can=).

The second helpful strategy is practicing regularly. There are many interesting ways to practice new languages. We can learn new languages not just from our lessons, but we also can learn from listening to new language's music, reading books, singing, or watching TV. We should review all the things that we have learned to grasp them; hence, we can absorb them better. For example, writing down new vocabularies can help us to remember them easily; in addition, we can check their spelling. Moreover, speaking with using these new vocabulary also works.
The third strategies is looking for your passion of learning language because we can't learn well if we feel bored or tired. We can't force ourselves to learn new things well when we don't really enjoy them. In contrast, we can pick up things faster when we like them. Therefore, figuring out ways to study which fit our abilities and characteristics will give more efficient results. For example, we don't like learning new vocabularies, and we have to dealt with 100 new words. One way that we can do is dividing them by 10. Everyday, we learn 10 words which we can accomplish easily. As a result, in 10 days, we can finish them in an easy way. In addition, to make the study more effectively, we can write down these new words on notes and stick them around our rooms. Thus, we can see these new vocabularies everywhere. As a result, we can remember them without trying to learn by heart in a difficult way.
Finally, I would like to tell you Colin Powell's quote:" There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure". I think it's right. All hard work will be compensated by proud success.
These 3 methods are the strategies thet I have used when I learn new languages. How do you think? By the way, what have you done to make your study succeed?

6 comments:

Peng Ray said...

this is a very good blog

Truc Pham said...

Holleeeeeeeeeee Dung ( I get used to ur Vnese name) :)

Your ideas is very practical and useful!!!!

I love your blog, it is very meaningful!!!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yufi said...

"我喜欢它"it means: I like it.So I want to say that I like your blog~Haaaa

Nicole said...

Now, I noticed that once I comment on the blog, I can't correct anything..because I found that I didn't write the verb on my upper comment..haha;;

Mey said...

I like your 3 strategies, i think i should do that to improve my English language.
I remember u said to me "simple is the best" and i agree with this idea :>

Oh... nice blog, i love it too