Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Reaction Writing about Social Psychology Lecture


Last morning, we had a lecture about love. I was really interested in this lecture because I like this topic. Moreover, the lecturer who is a social psychologist did give us a wonderful talk. She has good sense of humor and good gesture which made us really absorb in what she said. In addition, she kept asking us questions to make us understand the lecture more deeply. Besides, although we have just met each other, I was really surprised when she seemed to remember our names. She did really impress me.


I have learned something new from this lecture. I have never known that there are four types of love which are Philia, Romance, Agape, and Eros before. After I was explained, I felt happy because I have just expanded my knowledge about the field that I am really interested in.


In four kinds of love, the one that I am most interested in is Eros. It is the passion for our lives, and it appears when we can do the things that we are absorbed in. In my opinion, this love shows how we respect and love ourselves. The reason is that if we don't know what we love or like, and the others don't, either. In addition, we need this love because life will be very boring if you do things without passion. This love will provide us the power and the will which encourage us to move on and to continue. The point is that we always have to deal with difficulties in our lives. Therefore, if we don't have any motivation, it will be easy for us to give up.

In addition, Agape also attracts me. In my view, thanks to this kind of love, our world can become more beautiful and meaningful. Let's imagine we live in a society without kindness and human caring, we will feel how bad it is. The reason is that we can't exist in this world if we are alone. In addition, I think if we know how to practice this kind of love in right ways, we can learn how to love and to be loved. Life will be nicer if we live in an environment which is filled with a lot of love.

Romance is the type of love which I feel most complicated. This type of love can either lead us to heaven or push us to the hell. Maybe I have exaggerated, but I have witnessed many true sad stories about this kind of love. People tended to give up everything, and it was hard for them to overcome the pain when they lost this kind of love. However, I don't deny the importance of its existence. Thanks to this kind of love, we can understand the meaning of romance. In addition, people seem to be happy when they can their true Romance in their lives. Finally, I want to admit that even I am scared of failing in looking for my true Romance, I am on the way of chasing for it. Personally, although we have been hurt, we should dare to love completely to understand how meaningful life is.

In summary, I want to say that sometimes, love is as sweet as candies. Love make us happier and more mature. Love is a present of life that we should know how to hold it well. A shoulder to lean on when we are tired, a soul mate to share our everything may make our lives more significant and wonderful. I hope everyone will get a beautiful love in their lives.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

How sweet you are, Kathy~ I like the last part of your writing:D Eros was also the most interesting one for me, too. So did you find your Eros in your life???

Reem said...

Hi, Katherine. I hope you will get your love because you deserve to have someone who respect you. You are a very sweet girl.

Jack Skyfer said...

What do ya mean when saying :"I know who is Jack"?. :D lollll. Anyway. thx for the cm.

Peng Ray said...

ur artical is too looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
so can't helping not reading it
hahaha